The Wyoming Area Regional Police Department is now accepting applications for the civilian position of Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police until November 25, 2022. This is a full-time position with a base schedule of Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (slight variation in start and end times possible).
Join the newest Police Department in the Commonwealth and be part of the foundation of a growing organization. Upon selection, the successful candidate may begin immediately and assist the Chief of Police in administrative matters necessary to the formation of the department and prior to the start of regional police operations in January. If a selection is made prior to the November 25 deadline, the Department reserves the right to close the application window. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
The Wyoming Area Regional Police Department is the product of the long-planned merger of the Departments of the Boroughs of Exeter, Wyoming, West Wyoming, West Pittston, and the Township of Exeter. It is committed to being a leader in 21st Century policing.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief of Police will be the Chief’s primary aide in day-to-day administration of Department operations and be expected to take initiative where and when appropriate.
The successful candidate will assist the Chief in planning, scheduling, payroll management, and other key Police Department operational functions and possess/do all of the following but not limited to:
- Exceptional organizational skills and good judgement
- Strong command of typing and word processing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs including Outlook / email
- Knowledge of or demonstrate a propensity for learning Quickbooks and other payroll systems used by the Department
- Knowledge of or demonstrate a propensity for learning the Department’s Records Management System including reports processing, receiving, sending, and retrieval
- Interact professionally with the Department’s client municipalities and local, county, state, and federal government officials
- Outstanding phone etiquette and represent the Department professionally in all matters and to all constituents
- Maintain strict confidentiality in matters of police records, databases, and internal discussions
Salary and Benefits Include:
- 38,250.00 starting pay
- Annual longevity pay increases
- Possible overtime opportunities
- Excellent health care benefits including medical, prescription, and dental.
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick leave.
- Pension plan
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements:
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
- Be able to work legally in the United States (US citizen or permanent resident)
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania or other state Driver’s License
Competitive application and selection process will include
- Submission of an initial Cover Letter and Resume
- Oral examination / interview before a panel
- Extensive background examination including criminal history and social media activity
- Drug testing for present or recent use
- Psychological evaluation
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to :
D. F. Pace
Electronically to email@example.com
U.S. Mail to:
Wyoming Area Regional Police Department
555 Exeter Avenue, Unit 2
West Pittston, PA 18643
Questions may also be sent to the aforementioned email and standard mail addresses.
The Wyoming Area Regional Police Department provides equal employment opportunities to all civilian employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by state and federal laws.
Posted: 10/27/22 Deadline: 11/25/22