Borough of Wyoming
Civil Service Examinations
Full Time Police Officer
The Civil Service Commission for the Borough of Wyoming is now accepting applications to take the civil service examination for Entry-Level Full Time Police Officer in the Police Department. Applications may be obtained at the Wyoming Borough located at 277 Wyoming Avenue, Wyoming, Pa. 18644 or requesting by email @email@example.com. Applications and required documentation along with non-refundable processing fee of fifty ($50) dollars, check or money order payable to the Wyoming Borough must be submitted by mail or in person at the Borough Manager’s office. Submission deadline is Monday, November 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Testing will take place on January 9, 2021.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Full Time Entry-Level Police Officer
- Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have successfully completed Act 120 training and be able to provide M.P.O.E.T.C. certification.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must maintain a residence not more ten (10) miles from the Wyoming Borough’s boundaries by the date they begin work.
- Must be able to perform all the essential functions of the job being applied for, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Weekends are mandatory.
The Borough of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer